Find out how SEO works to transform your site
SEO can be a very complicated field of marketing, which is why it’s not surprising that many business owners and newcomers are confused by it. Most people mistakenly believe that it’s only about keywords and online content, but SEO is much more diverse and versatile. It’s a comprehensive marketing campaign that includes a number of different strategies involving different aspects of your online presence.
What is the goal of SEO?
To understand how SEO works, it’s important to first understand the goal of SEO. This combination of strategies is used to improve rankings and visibility in the search engine
results pages. When a prospective customer wants to find a product, service, or solution, they’ll type a keyword in the search engine and look for answers. The search engine will
sort through the indexed pages and provide results from a user-friendly website of high authority that live up to the standards set up by the platform.
Search engines always aim to provide the best quality results to their users and will only display the best websites on the first few pages. As most search engine users won’t bother to look beyond the first few pages, it’s important to ensure your website ranks high and is featured at the top of the SERPs.
Factors that affect rankings
Google and other search engines consider more than 250 ranking factors and SEO experts aim to optimize websites to as many as those ranking factors as possible. While it’s not
really possible to optimize the website for every ranking factor Google considers, it is possible to get close. The general idea is to ensure the website is of good quality and provides a good user experience. Here are some of the most important ranking factors to consider:
- Site load speeds – This is one of the most important factors because people online have a short attention span and expect pages to load within 2 to 4 seconds. If your website takes more than 20 seconds to load, you won’t rank high.
- Mobile friendliness – More than 60% of the search traffic comes from mobile platforms so your website should be responsive and optimized for mobile use. This improves the user-friendliness of the website, which can have an impact on the rankings.
- Keywords – Keywords act as hooks that draw users from the search engine. It’s important to research the keywords well and use a combination of specific, generic, and long-tail keywords in your content.
If you want to know more about SEO and how it works try these articles;
- What is SEO? (Search Engine Optimization)
- What is SEO Marketing?
- Generate more leads with your website in 3 easy steps
Contact DesignLoud today to work with us to create a customized SEO strategy for your business. You can call us at 910-302-3286 or reach us through our contact form.