What is an SEO Specialist?
Most business owners have heard about Search Engine Optimization but they don’t know much about exactly what an SEO specialist does as part of their job. So what is an SEO Specialist?
What a Search Engine Optimization Specialist Does
Regardless of how well-designed your website is, if it isn’t attracting the amount of traffic you expect and you don’t find your sales increasing, it means the website isn’t doing what its been designed for and this can impact your business in a negative way. This is where and SEO specialist comes into the picture.
These are the different things they do:
1. Review the Site
When they are reviewing a website, the SEO specialist will first identify what the company’s goals are, and the market and target audience they are catering to.
2. Design SEO Strategies
They will use this information to design strategies that will help maximize traffic to the site and improve rankings on the search engines. They do this by:
- Ensuring the content has the relevant keywords and key phrases included in it.
- Fixing structural issues
- Rewriting HTML title tags
- Testing website layouts
- Obtaining high quality in-bound links
- Experimenting with various advertising and marketing techniques.
3. Ensure That the Site is in Line With the Latest SEO Standards
Google constantly changes its algorithms and if your site isn’t updated regularly, it can fall behind in rankings on the SERPs. The SEO specialist you hire will ensure that all the strategies used are current and that that they meet the criteria that have been set down by Google
Aspects That an SEO Specialist Focuses On
There are a number of different things the SEO specialist needs to have expertise in such as:
- Web analytics
- Some understanding of web design and development
- Human psychology
- The social media space
- Business models
- Viral marketing
The Approach That An SEO Specialist Takes
There are three stages involved in SEO, and every skilled and experienced specialist approaches their SEO strategy from all these angles to improve the chances of success:
- Technical- This relates to the site’s structure and determines how easy or difficult it is for search engines to crawl & index all the content on the website.
- Off-Page optimization- This refers to the quality links that lead back to the site
- On-Page optimization- This includes the original SEO copy, HTML tags that help increase the traffic to the site.
For any more information about SEO and how to improve your Google ranking, contact us at DesignLoud today.
You can call or reach us through our contact form.