What is SEO Marketing ?
SEO is the buzzword in the marketing industry and can be considered one of the most important strategies to help improve brand visibility and revenue. Digital marketing campaigns are incomplete without SEO Marketing because they’re not as visible to the target audience. Many business owners struggle to understand the scope and potential of SEO and assume it’s just about stuffing keywords in content. Here’s a brief introduction to SEO and how it works:
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It includes a set of strategies designed to optimize your online presence and make it more visible on search engine results pages or SERPS. If you have an efficient and consistent SEO campaign, your website will be on the first page and among the top few results on the SERP. That has the highest visibility because search engine users rarely bother to look beyond the first few pages of the search engine.
What is the goal of SEO?
- Get higher ranking on the search engine results pages.
- Improve reputation on the online platform.
- Bring more organic and unpaid traffic to the website.
- Build authority in the industry and earn the trust of prospective customers.
- Ensure the website and other online properties don’t violate the terms of search engines like Google, Bing, etc.
What’s included in SEO?
SEO is a combination of different strategies implemented to achieve one goal, which is to be more visible on search engine results pages. More visibility ensures you get more traffic to your website, which can lead to increased brand awareness and more revenue. Here are some of the many strategies marketers use in their SEO campaigns:
- Website optimization – The website should be mobile-friendly, secure, user-friendly, and must have current content. The first step in any SEO strategy is to ensure the website is optimized because it is the foundation of all marketing campaigns.
- Content creation – The website copy, product or service descriptions, and blog posts, etc, need to be optimized and informative. They also should contain carefully chosen generic and long-tail keywords.
- Link building – Link building strategies include creating internal website links to spread traffic and keep users on the website for a longer period. They also include external links that connect to high-authority websites and bring in traffic from that platform.
These are just few of the many strategies a marketer will use as a part of the SEO campaign. If you want to know more about SEO and how it works, contact us at DesignLoud today. You can call or reach us through our contact form.
Interested to learn more? Check out this post about What SEO is and how you can make it work for your business.