First Things First, Your Customers Need To Be Able To Find You In Search Engines For Your Keywords
Everyone has heard the term Search Engine Optimization or "SEO" but it catches a bad rep due to some shady individuals who promise the world and don't deliver. Here are some ways you can almost instantly improve your ranking.
Ways to optimize your website
Don't Under Estimate Your Local SEO
- Go to the major search engines and find out how to create a local listing.
- Follow the steps to create your business listing.
- If you have more than one location you will need to add multiple locations under your account.
- Complete your profile and select your categories.
- Add all of the extras you can such as social media, videos, links, etc.
- Once you verify your listing, build a campaign for generating reviews from your customers so that your listing becomes helpful for others searching for your services.
You need to guide users to take a path so they convert to customers
See the below before and after for an example on how your website can lead you to more conversions
Can you see what makes the after more successful?
Because we read from top to bottom and left to right, immediately after the user lands on the (after) website their eyes will fall on the logo and then immediately on the latest promotion slide. Following that the eyes will browse the other items in the header before scrolling down to the other call to actions leading them to different sections of the website.
Notice how on the after version we are creating a path for users to follow, in this case it could be browsing by mattresses, collections, appliances, etc. Depending on which selection the user chooses they are led down a path specific to what they are looking for.
In the before version there are no clear call to actions. The call to actions in the before are email offers, financing and "full service". Because this clients analytics showed that most people were interested in browsing by type, we had a clear definition on what to make available on the homepage to increase the bounce rate (how long users stay on site).
On our version of this website when the user first visits the website they are prompted to share their location. If the user accepts to share their location our version automagically chooses the closest location to the user so the user can browse that locations brands and products.
While it is not visible in these mock ups, the before menu has standard drop down items when you hover over the menu items. Because this company has several categories, products and brands, our version has drop downs as "mega menus" meaning there is a large menu broken down by categories, brand and products. Similar to what you would see on Amazon.com when browsing their online store.
The after version of this website is a full width responsive website. This means if users browse the website from a mobile device the website scales its dimensions to fit whatever device it is being viewed on.
But how do I know what I need to do?
- We want to make it easy for you so for a limited time we will give you a complimentary website audit at no charge, no strings attached.
- Why are we doing this? Simple, we want you to succeed!
- Even if you have a staff member capable of taking care of these items, we want to make sure you have the information you need to focus on your current websites biggest issues.
- If you need some help with these tasks we are happy to help.
Ok But Who Are We and What Do We Get Out OF This?
Our Vision is to bridge the gap between our clients and their agency by delivering real results based on education, transparency and trust.
Derek Schmidt, the president of DesignLoud, started the agency in 2011. At the time there was a serious gap in the relationships between companies and their agencies. Derek saw an opportunity to blend his passion for helping businesses and offering transparent services to those businesses that delivered results.
Since the time of its inception, DesignLoud has grown to be an agency that is fun, creative and brings on some of the best talent in the field that shares the agencies vision. We reward our team based on the performance of our clients campaigns. This means it is in our best interest to deliver real results to our clients.
Our team is passionate about building your business and improving your operations through integrated technologies.